A lot of my responses are Vic players, they're the people I see and am influenced by the most.
1. Who is your favourite tournament organiser? Pudge - Works so hard on Vic tournaments
2. Which player do you enjoy watching the most? Extra - Has a good thought process and a ridiculous clutch factor
3. Who is your favourite Super Smash Bros. commentator? Mamba - I don't usually listen to vods, but some commentators in qld impressed me on a stream (Dr. Ellis?)
4. If QLD Smash had a villain, who would it be? ObeseChicken42
5. Who is the most attractive Smash player? Boozer - His pivot grabs will pull you in before he tenderly kills you at 80%
6. Who do you find to be the most influential Smash player? Ignis - Pushes himself and others to improve
7. Who do you find to be the funniest Smash player? Googers - Doesn't go to as much anymore, but is always pleasant to see
8. Who do you think is the best Smash player in Australia? Ghost/Nekobone - Has bayo'd me at least once every set...
9. Who do you think is the best up and coming Smash player? Nothing, but praise to anyone working on improving - whether it's not going 0-2 in bracket for the first time or winning a major
10. Who is your favourite Smash player, for any reason? Nothing - It's fun teasing him when he has a whinge about things even though he's good. He's had a panic attack about losing to people on for glory, thought the whole scene was going to disown him when he lost to a rob r2 and the PR discussion has got him in a continued spiral of (on the PR - I'm not good enough) and (not on - I've been beating those people though)
Everyone was all hype when Ivysaur made it into smash bros, however I think Victreebel could add something unique. It wouldn’t be a mobile character, so its style of play would be centralised around getting the opponent to come to them and grabbing them.
Jabs - Vine whip – Victreebel slaps the area in front of it with its vine similar to Ivysaur, only better because it is Victreebel Tilts – up – Acid spray – Sprays a mist above Victreebel Side – Leaf blade – Pokes in front of it. Fast and has a sweet spot, but has a bit of end lag Down – Frustration – Victreebel moves a short distance the way it is facing similar to dedede’s d-tilt Forward Smash – Power whip – Victreebel hits twice in front of it Up Smash - Wrap – Disjointed above Wictreebel, if it hits the opponent, it does damage and grabs the opponent. Counts as a command grab so opponents cannot shield it on platformed stages Down Smash – Sweet scent – Does shield damage on both sides of Victreebel
Aerials – Sort of underwhelming besides neutral-air because Victreebel doesn’t perform well in the air
Neutral – Weather ball – Victreebel spins around releasing a mist Forward – Knock off – Swings in front of it. Powerful but laggy Back – Cut – 3 hits behind victreebel similar to Mega Man b-air only slower Up – Seed bomb – Fires a seed upwards that can hit opponents, knocking them downwards Down – Slam – Falls downwards faster. Can ground opponents, setting up for a z-air grab
Neutral – Magical leaf – Victreebel fires a leaf that can be guided with the control stick. If the opponent gets hit by the leaf they get knocked in Victreebel’s direction. Victreebel cannot move while using this move unless they release the B button, then the leaf will fly off in a direction. The move lasts for about 3 seconds. Side – Bullet seed – Fast horizontal projectile that can be charged to increase the number of seeds fired and how far they go. Up (recovery) – Leaf tornado – Victreebel creates a gust of wind and gets propelled into the air Down – Sludge bomb – Can be charged and angled to fire a sludge bomb in a direction, causing that area to be poisoned, causing damage to opponents that are standing on that ground
Tether – By pressing Z, Victreebel scoops the area in front of it with its leaves into its mouth (Swallow). After pummelling, it uses Spit up, which does a little more damage based on how many times the opponent was pummelled. Zair – By Holding z, Victreebel’s vine can be controlled in its immediate vicinity (Can be used to frame trap or for tech situations), however the vine can be hit by attacks and temporarily broken
Taunts – Emits its victory scream, does a dance, ect.
Final Smash – Sunny Day – Through the wonders of cholophyll, victreebel becomes a speed demon. Similar to a mega evolution, its abilities are enhanced. Major improvements include - Weather ball is fiery and has longer range - Magical leaf is bigger, as are most grass attacks - The vine regrows faster
GGs Wootkins, we find each other on fg a lot. Your stage control is really good, I had to work around that hydrant - mainly by keeping shadow claw fresh and shadow balls half charged
GGs CheeseCake, Interesting Luigi, I will have to be careful about trading with your b-air at death percents. I didn't see any lag spikes, there may have been latency however as I subconsciously switch to using less technical stuff (based 26% shadow ball) sometimes when there's latency and don't notice
GGs Salad! Great Lucas and now Charizard, you like your jabs a lot, I will have to be careful with recovering with that troll breath. It was good to shake off any Wario rust I had and try alternating between him and Mewtwo
Ggs Jlo! I never seem to learn not to roll backwards after tripping haha, interesting adaption to avoid my painful d-tilt strings, I will have to figure out what moves m2 can use to deal with short hopping opponents
I didn't forget, sorry! :( , I was going to vs Bijou at CW December but that didn't end up happening. In a week's time is cw Jan, we can either sort it out before then online or on the day I beat Bijou 3-0
GGs Jdizzle, we should probably end it there since the connection has gotten a bit choppy. Really good Mewtwo, you use n-air as an approach tool more often than me as I often air dodge aerial/grab. Your pivot f-smashes are nice too, I dunno about confusion > Move, I was unaware Mewtwo had a frame advantage there. Awesome Roy of course, you won't catch me with those roll readssssss, i hope...
Sorry if the lag is on my end, you never know with these things... Since the game got announced I intended to main Mewtwo (was hoping he'd get in) and Wario. I will probably keep both